If you are currently considering a replacement for your old storage tank water heater, then making the change to a new tankless water heater is probably on your list of potential new systems. We think this is a good idea, since tankless water heaters have multiple benefits that make them worthwhile additions to many homes.
However, before you decide you want to install a tankless water heater in Akron, OH in your house, please call our water heater specialists for a consultation. You will need to have professionals install your water heater, so have them come in early to help with the selection process. We’ll see if a tankless water heater is worth the investment for your house.
The Tankless Water Heater Advantages
The way that tankless water heaters work makes them beneficial for a house when it comes to energy savings, long-term performance, and convenience.
- Energy Savings: A tankless water heater only uses energy to heat water when there is a demand for hot water from a tap or an appliance. A storage tank water heater must use energy to maintain the temperature of your supply of hot water, so it runs far more often. You can cut down on heating bills significantly with the right tankless water heater.
- Longevity: Without the stress of almost continual energy consumption and the wear created from storing water in a tank, tankless units have longer service lives—giving a homeowner much longer to enjoy the energy-conserving benefits. Tankless systems need fewer repairs on average as well.
- Convenience: A tankless water heater won’t run out of hot water because it heats up more as it is needed. There’s no supply of hot water to deplete.
The Tankless Water Heater Drawbacks
All the above sounds great. So why aren’t tankless systems in all homes? Because they are not suited for every home and every situation. There are factors that may move you away from choosing a tankless water heater.
- Cost: Tankless systems are more expensive to purchase and install upfront. A tankless water heater might not fit in with your current budget plans.
- Limitations: Although a tankless water heater won’t run out of hot water, it can be overwhelmed with demand when more than one tap or appliance requests hot water. this will result in a drop in energy efficiency. Large families may not find them convenient unless they invest in multiple tankless water heaters.
- Plumbing changes: To install a tankless water heater in some homes requires making additional changes to the plumbing pipes as well as the gas line, adding to the cost.
We’ll Help You Make the Choice
If you feel confused about what water heater unit is the best for your home, you don’t have to worry. It’s our job to see that you narrow down your options to the right one to meet all your needs. If a tankless water heater isn’t the best choice, we’ll see you have a great storage tank water heater replacement.
Crown Group Ohio: Comfort Experts Since 1961. Schedule service for water heater installation with us today.