How do you like to get ready for summer? You probably have a list of exciting activities you want to enjoy and ways to relax. We want to help you get the most out of your summer, and that’s why we’re writing this reminder that one of the best preparations you can make for the summer is to ensure you’ll have a working and energy-efficient air conditioner. The way to do that: call us to schedule your annual air conditioning maintenance tune-up and inspection.
Maintenance Is an Annual Job
A central air conditioning system handles a heavy workload each summer to keep a household comfortable. The stress this puts on the AC will cause it to wear down enough that it could start to suffer a drop in performance and develop a higher risk of needing repairs after only a year. All HVAC professionals recommend AC maintenance once a year, and spring is the ideal time for it.
We know it’s tempting to let a job like maintenance slide—if it doesn’t feel like an emergency that has to be done, it can wait. But air conditioning maintenance is vital to ensure you get the best service from your cooling system with the lowest likelihood of problems that can leave you trapped in the heat.
How Annual Maintenance Benefits You
Here are the major benefits of keeping up with annual AC maintenance:
- Prevent emergency breakdowns: Just like getting regular tune-ups for your car so it won’t break down on the middle of the freeway, tune-ups for an air conditioner make it unlikely it will fail during the middle of the hottest day of the year.
- Prevent the majority of repairs: That’s right, the majority. We’re always ready to help you with AC repair in Hartville, OH, but we also know you’d much rather not have to call us in the first place. Maintenance prevents more than 50% of the repairs an AC would otherwise need. That’s convenience and savings in one.
- Extend equipment life: A car engine won’t last as long without regular tune-ups and oil changes, and the same is true for an air conditioner. Maintenance will help an AC last for 10 to 15 years, rather than needing a replacement in only half that time.
- Stop energy efficiency decline: Each year an air conditioner goes without maintenance it will lose around 5% of its energy efficiency, raising the cost to run it. When an AC does have maintenance, it will only lose around 5% of its efficiency over most of its service life.
- Keep the warranty valid: The manufacturer’s warranty on your AC may be voided if you don’t have proof it’s received regular maintenance.
The Crown Comfort Club
Ready for maintenance? We are as well! We have our special Crown Comfort Club to help service your AC and heating system and add extra value. You’ll receive two tune-up visits per year for your HVAC system (the AC in spring, the heater in fall) and perks like a 50% discount on service calls and 15% off repair costs. Talk to us today for more details.